Re: GNOME 3.1.2 release post-mortem notes

On 17 June 2011 17:28, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> 3.1.2 != last minute... its an early snapshot, after all, so things
> should be expected to be a bit more in flux than, say, during .90
> releases. And people should not put any disable-deprecated flags in
> their tarballs, and not even in their git trees unless they are
> prepared to deal with the occasional fallout.

Yeah, why not encourage maintainers to put this in their configure.ac:

dnl ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
dnl - Use strict options (default enabled for devs, disabled in releases)
dnl ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
dnl if .git directory is present, considering we are working in the repository
if test -d ".git"; then
        default_strict=yes
else
        default_strict=no
fi

AC_ARG_ENABLE(strict, AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-strict],
                [Enable strict compilation options]), enable_strict=$enableval,
                enable_strict=$default_strict)
if test x$enable_strict != xno; then
        CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED"
fi

--
Javier Jardón Cabezas