Re: Gnome 2.11.91

<quote who="Elijah Newren">

> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.11/2.11.91/

Please always use http links, it's softer on the servers (worth getting in
the habit now). Suite dirs look good.

> Also I made a quick rough draft or brain dump of how to make a release.
> Nothin' pretty yet, but it has all the basic needed info, I think.
> http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/MakingARelease.  It'd be great if
> others could sanity check, especially those that have done releases
> before.

 * You can redirect the output of release-news to the correct NEWS file,
   avoiding the manual copy.

Regarding changes, these should really be proposed publically before being
struck out straight off the bat.

> libgtkhtml/gtkhtml2 -- nuke it;

Evolution uses libgtkhtml.

> pyorbit -- wiki is probably wrong to list libgnomeui et. al. though I'll
> wait to hear back from Murray before changing the wiki;

These things ought to be proposed, not just added.

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN