Re: Planner-list having trouble getting planner to run on Solaris (nevada) on x86

Hi Turlough,

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 12:42 +0000, turlough whelan wrote:
> Hi,
>     I downloaded both the gz and bz2 version of the planner
> application from http://live.gnome.org/Planner/Downloads  to my
> solaris x86 desktop and neither attempt worked; each time the command
> to uncompress the archive complained that it had reached an
> 'unexpected end of file' (see output below)
>    Can anyone point out what the error might be?

At a guess, it looks like the files are simply truncated (perhaps your
downloads were interrupted?).  Check the md5 sums of the files you've
downloaded against those on the download page.

As a side note, Planner 0.14.3 requires a version of libxslt that
Solaris doesn't have yet (although this will be fixed in the next few
OpenSolaris builds).  Until the latest libxslt is integrated into
OpenSolaris, you'll have to either build and install your own version of
the latest libxslt in order to build 0.14.3, or build 0.14.2.

-Seb