Re: Login time

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 20:08 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> Anyway, the net result is that GNOME startup goes: launch metacity, wait
> for metacity to register, launch the panel, wait for the panel to
> register, launch nautilus, wait for nautilus to register, launch
> everything else all at once. In theory.

	If we taught nautilus about the panel gconf keys for sizing /
placement, such that it would adjust it's psuedo-root windows to the
right shape whether the panel was there or not; would that not let us
launch both the panel & nautilus as 'normal' apps in parallel. [ Or
would we need to teach the WM about where the panel lives too to avoid
post-map movement ? ].

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot