Re: Login time

On 4/5/07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
Hi,

I've started a wiki page to keep track of what we need to do to reduce
login time.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomePerformance/LoginTime

There is a bunch of pending tasks listed there, so any volunteers are
welcome! :)

Great, just today I was thinking we should add notifications for maemo
when the desktop is fully loaded to get meaningful timings, so I fully
agree the first step here is to get this done correctly (the boot time
for 770/N800 is comparatively
even worse than gnome's IMHO).

Anyway, moving from the stuff I only care about... I vaguely remember
someone mentioning nautilus and the panel are handled in a special way
by gnome-session, is this still so? will the new session code
(scheduled for 2.20) improve our situation in any way?

And, 3 seconds where, in your laptop? :)

Thanks for get this rolling, as usually you rock.

Cheers, Xan

  Federico