Re: Floating point in pango

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 10:45 -0500, Sean Kelley wrote:
> I think many embedded folks like myself are in a very serious bind
> because I need pango and Gtk's evolving features  But more importantly
> I need pango-cairo to be fast ... Plus then do I fork cairo's api to add
> fix point?

	What came of the optimisations to quickly elide the redundant unit
matrix multiplications ? AFAIR the hack to detect those with integer
code had a nice effect, but clearly tracking unit-ness ;-) consistently
would be a clearer win (?).

	Surely it's worth catching the low-hanging fruit before forking /
fiddling with the API.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot