Re: [orca-list] Problems installing Fedora Workstation 36

Hello,

The solution that worked for me is as follows:
When starting up Fedora, and Orca is started, go to the terminal, and change the password for the default liveuser account. In terminal, type 'passwd' and create a new password.
Next, log out. The goal is to log back in with the Gnome on Xorg display server. When logging out, you should be able to start Orca and get speech on login.
Press enter on your username, then tab to the session chooser. Choose Gnome on Xorg, type your password, and log in.

At that point, you should be able to start the installer with speech.

Once the install completes, I did have to add some lines to my .bashrc file to export some variables to enable accessibility, to enable QT accessibility, etc., otherwise, apps such as Chrome and Zoom won't work.

Hope this helps.