Re: [orca-list] Interesting text to speech announcement

This was Jeffery Mewtamer's experience:
I've never really tried switching away from espeak-ng as the tts layer
of my accessibility stack, but I decided to give the linked demo a
try, and nothing happens when I press the speak button.

Yeah probably the issue I just mentioned. Suddenly the server can't find /usr/lib/mycroft/mimic3/libespeak-ng.so.1, even though I can see it in the right place and it is in fact an ELF 64-bit shared object as it should be. Permissions haven't changed either. I guess I'll have to put the voices in the location where I initially downloaded them. Maybe symlinking them will work better so that the API shows a better location than the one where it wants them to be.

Did you try different languages? English UK and US, German, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian and Swahili are all known to work as the server is set up now.

~Kyle