Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: [Support] autoinstall of talking arch

According to Christopher Chaltain:
# True, but this doesn't in any way encourage me to go download
# applications from questionable sources. It's also easy enough to turn
# this message off, although then you aren't getting any warnings even
# from questionable sources.

And therein lies the entire problem. Say I turn off the warning messages
because I think I never download anything from questionable sources, and
then I go to what is supposed to be a reliable source that is running a
compromised Windows server. So I've turned off Microsoft's primary line
of defense against malware, the ever popular cry of "WOLF!" The problem
is that this time, I have found the real wolf, but by the time I realize
it, it's too late, and my operating system and my files are completely
destroyed. Taking this a step further, 3rd-party antivirus software
would have stepped in to save the day, but my employer told me that I
needed to use Windows for my job, but that any antivirus software I had
needed to be disabled in order for their software to work correctly.
This does sound a bit far-fetched, but I assure you it's not. I have
actually seen what appear to be legitimate businesses, licensed and
incorporated and everything, that have such requirements. These are
certainly not companies I would work for, and it is sad that they have
such policies. In any case, this goes further to prove my point that
Microsoft Windows should only be used for non-productive applications
such as games and diversions, and is certainly not suited to
mission-critical applications that need a high level of security or
require storing sensative information or valuable or irreplaceable files.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/