Re: [orca-list] Java development

Andy B <sonfire11 gmail com> wrote:
According to some classes I am going to take in my Associates program next
year, Java programming in both a Windows, and Linux/Unix environment is
required. Is there any resources on developing accessible Java applications
in *nix that accessible technology, including screen readers will be able to
use?

There is a Java accessibility API, and a bridge that enables Orca to work with
accessible Java applications.
If you're running AT-SPI 2 and a recent version of Orca, the bridge you need
is called java-atk-wrapper. It is available from the Gnome project. There are
people on this list who have it working successfully, and who may post more
details.