Re: [orca-list] Orca and *nix distros

I agree with Bill about Vinux 3. I'll also add Gentoo. Unlike with ArchLinux, you compile the packages by hand, not from source, but from binaries most of the time. It comes with Speakup and brltty built-in if I'm not mistaken. Though compiling packages to each different system takes a few hours depending on the speed of the machine, ram, etc. Gentoo is a power user distro, just like ArchLinux. Unlike ArchLinux where you have to use GRML to install on 64 bit, you have Speakup and brltty built-in to the 32 and 64 bit versions, if I'm not mistaken. I know there are Gentoo users on this list. Feel free to correct me if i've given any incorrect information.