[orca-list] Orca and *nix distros

Good evening,

It has been a while since I tinkered with *nix and Orca.  I'm strongly considering swapping my current OS X / Windows (VM) configuration to a completely open source setup.

Some questions:

1. What is the target distro (most popular?) that Orca is being developed against?

2. Which distros currently have reasonably easy to use accessible installers with Orca?

3. Wich distros are recommended for use with Orca with low latency audio subsystems? I recall that some older versions of Ubuntu had a lot of latency in TTS while using Pulse.

I truely bbelieve that open source is the way to go, but I sadly can't use a system that is sluggish or buggy.  I don't need to be persuaded on the open source aspect, I am looking for a easy to install and use distro wit Orca (hopefully with stable and frequent updates, so that I can evangelize for Orca and open source OSs, as I have for Drupal as a very accessible CMS.

Thanks n advance,
Everett Zufelt

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt