Re: [orca-list] Firefox bindings (was Re: revisiting the issue of unbound keybindings)

Hi Jacob.

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 23:39 -0400, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi
I'm not opposed to these bindings, as long as we keep next and previous
large object bound. Those have to be the absolute most useful keystrokes
I've ever seen in structural navigation, far more useful than the simple
skip to text functions most other screen readers have.

I'm glad you like them. :-) It took a while to get the algorithm for
that sorted out.

Anyhoo, to be clear: I am not suggesting that we change any existing
bindings. I'm merely responding to the suggestion that having unbound
structural navigation keys in Orca is not ideal for the brand new Orca
user. Large object navigation will remain o and shift+o, generic form
field navigation will remain orca+tab and shift+orca+tab, etc., etc. The
only question on this particular table is what, if anything, we should
do with the unbound structural navigation items.

--joanie