[orca-list] Opening application-specific preferences for Orca halts speech

Hi,

This is an off-the-wall thing that I tried. I've just tested it and it occurs both pre- and post-flag day.

In testing speaking of mnemonics, I've been using the Orca Quit dialog box. I decided that I would check and make sure that Orca was using the normal Orca Preferences within this dialog. When I opened the Quit dialog, then pressed control-Orca-space bar, I heard the preferences dialog open, followed by the two speech events through my DECTalk Express synth, then the speech tab was spoken. After that, Orca stopped speaking. Pressing Escape twice will, after a short wait, return speech, with focus on the application which had focus before the quit dialog was invoked.

Please let me know if you want me to file a bug for this.

Thanks,

dave

dave