remove the .skype directory from your home and repeat the whole process. 1. run skype, 2. accept the license. 3 you should have copied the libskype.so file to /user/lib/purple2 in advance. 4. after accepting the license, enter your user name, tab once and put in your password. tab once again hit spacebar, shift tab and enter. you should now hear the familiar skype telling you that you are logged in. 5. now start pidgin, create your skype account and then take appropriate action regarding the skype api dialogue boxes. please mind that this will work only if you are logged in to skype already. you will also notice that the main skype window disappears as soon as your pidgin skype is working.
Thanks,
Aruni.

On 01/26/2009 07:52 PM, James & Nash wrote:
Hi Charlie,
This laptop was bought in August 2008, but you are right, it may be Wooby. Do you have Ubuntu running as the only Operating System on your PC?
Thanks
James

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Charlie Dorff <mailto:cy41169 yahoo com>
    *To:* James & Nash <mailto:james austin1984 googlemail com>
    *Sent:* Monday, January 26, 2009 1:11 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [orca-list] Problems with Skype

    It may be your computer or perhaps it's woobi.
    Charlie

    --- On *Mon, 1/26/09, James & Nash
    /<james austin1984 googlemail com

        From: James & Nash <james austin1984 googlemail com
        <mailto:james austin1984 googlemail com>>
        To: orca-list gnome org <mailto:orca-list gnome org>
        Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 7:05 AM

        Hi Charlie,
        Yes I only use this laptop. I am using it with Wooby. I have
        found that the only way that I can get Skype to appear in
        Pidgin is to install the libskype.so and skype4pidgin files. I
        do not know waht is happening.
        Thanks
        james