[orca-list] Help installing TTSynth for Orca in Ubuntu 8.10

Hello Listers

I am having trouble installing TTSYNTH for use with Orca into my Ubuntu 8.10 system.

I have purchased and downloaded the Debian package TTSYNTHCORE-1.0-I386 and have a licence key.

I have been distracted by the (rather old I think) homepage telling me that the dependencies and libraries needed are no longer supported in Ubuntu, but have heard from other sources that all is now back!

Any help welcomed from a newbie (smile) as to where to go from here--I can extract the files and get a read-only list of what's in the archive but can't install, and can find no information as to where and when to insert the licence key.

With thanks in advance.

Dennis.