Re: [orca-list] will there be accessibility enhancements with orca 2.24 on hardy?

Hi Krishnakant:

Orca definitely improved from 2.22 to 2.24. Keep in mind that we strongly advise that you avoid mixing/matching Orca with versions of GNOME that it wasn't built for. So, you should use Orca 2.24.x on GNOME 2.24.x.

Having said that, if you want to try, go for it. :-) But, also keep in mind that you are the one typing the keys on your machine and I won't be able to help you recover from any bad thing that might happen as a result.

Good luck!

Will

Krishnakant wrote:
hello hackers,
I am planning to install orca 2.24 on my gnome running on ubuntu hardy
(8.04.1) I have noticed that 8.04 had some problems which got fixt in
the .1 release of hardy.
Any ways my question is, will I have any   experience in accessibility
enhancement if I put orca 2.24 on hardy with the gnome version that
comes with 8.04.1?
I am asking this question in 2 contexts,
Firstly will have if any superior accessibility on the desktop persay or
will i get some specific enhancements working?
if there will be better experience with specific applications, can any
one name a few?
Pidgin, Openoffice word processor, Spreadsheet or firefox?
and is there some improvement in accessibility with evolution or
thunderbird?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.