Re: [orca-list] Text in the address fields is not shown after typing

David E. Price wrote:
Hi, hermann,

I think what yo might be seeing results from a focus on reducing the
chattiness resulting from the auto-completion used in the address
fields.

I don't use autocompletion.

I can't speak to the Braille issues. However, I can always
access what is in the address field using either flat review (keypad-8)
or keypad-Enter. Are you not getting any feedback from either of these
keys?

Just checked it out, and I do get feedbakc. Moreover: After performing a read command with flat review, Orca tracks the focus correctly.

The problem that I am seeing is that, when alphanumeric key echo is
turned off, and the name/address being typed in the address field is not
already in the address book, then Orca goes silent. In other words, word
echo is not functioning. Are you seeing this behavior? If so, I'll file
a bug against Orca for it.

I can confirm this, but the Orca list is in my address book. I use word echo, but Orca should speak when a punctuation character or a @ is typed. This doesn't happen too.
Hermann