To: "David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Updating Mozilla Products

Hey there Steve and Dave, in order to get the 'check for updates' menu
option, both the thunderbird and firefox directories need write
permissions across the board. (i.e. chmod 777 /opt/thunderbird && chmod
777 /opt/firefox.) Replace /opt with the correct path to your
thunderbird or firefox directories. I keep mine in /opt, since that's
where the majority of my compiled software is installed. Any other
questions, you can feel free to E-mail me.

Thanks,

Guy

David E. Price wrote:
Hi, Steve,

Both Firefox and Thunderbird still have Check for Update options in the Help menu for me. Someone else recently had the same problem that you do, but I
have no idea why the option has disappeared for some.

dave