[orca-list] Updating Mozilla Products

I just got through lookin the help menus of both Firefox and Thunderbird and I don't see any update menu item anymore. Is there any place I ot look to see why this doesn't exist anymore? The only way I can do updates is to use my console based FTP client (ncftp to be exact) and download the latest trunk versions and install them manually. I have the advanced/update options set for "Ask me what to do" set in both applications but I have never been asked, nor is there any update history on either product.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help.