Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

Hi:

Jan wrote:
    WW> I'm definitely not suggesting we start from the beginning again.
    WW> The total number of TTS API's in the world is approaching the
    WW> total number of people in China.
OK, but our main goal is to have very good Free Software TTS. How much
Free Software TTS exist?

Our main goal is to provide a compelling user experience. This includes Free Software TTS, but is not limited to it. We need to allow users to use proprietary engines that might be more preferable to them, and we need to address/accommodate the shortcomings of all engines in order to provide a fuller suite of features that users expect.

In any case, I think I need clarification on what Brailcom is proposing. From the Orca perspective, which API of what implementation of what thing are you proposing Orca uses and what state of completeness is it in (and please provide a pointer to the API)?

From there, we can look at the API and see how well it matches the requirements and try to develop a way to move forward in a constructive way.

Will