Re: [orca-list] progress of progress bars is not reported., is it a known thing?

Hi Marco:

for example on my 80 cell display
the most interesting information starts at position 50 or greater
so I got 50 useless cells

This is odd.  In focus tracking mode, we try to make sure the relevant
information starts at the first cell, but you can pan left to get
contextual information.  Do you have a specific example of where the
information starts at position 50?  This might be a bug.

if I navigate in flat-review I'm not able to identify the status of a
control
I just see the label and I don't know what kind of control it is and I
don't know the status

I think the general consensus we're hearing here is that flat review
mode for at least braille should include control information as opposed
to just text.  Is that correct?  For braille, the user experience for
this should be pretty straightforward.  Speech, however, will probably
require some more thought.  I sent a list of questions to help spur on
the thoughts around this -- if people can work on answering those, it
will help us move towards a specific solution.

there are several navigation/ and representation problems
it should be fixed first

Specific examples of these kinds of problems help a lot.  Without
specific examples, we can never really be sure we're talking about the
same thing.

Thanks!

Will