Re: Orca orca on ubuntu

the default driver is festival, as is what we want. I have tried typing orca straight away without gnopernicus, and still, nothing. if it is a config error, where is it most likely occuring?

Cody
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <tward1978 earthlink net>
To: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Orca orca on ubuntu

Hi, Cody.

Cody wrote:
 I then compiled orca 0.2.5 and I launched it from the terminal as he
said, and I can see enough to see the orca prefs window comes up but no
speech however gnopernicus will speak for me

Ok, interesting. Well when I compiled orca I logged out, and back in
with no speech  before launching orca. I noticed gnopernicus and orca
don't like being unloaded and the other loaded one right after the
other. So try that.
If that fails run test-speech to make sure gnome-speech is accessible.
I am not sure about your build configuration and this sounds like a
config issue rather than anything else. Either that or orca is coming up
with the wrong synthesis driver or something. It should have talked
after typing orca as that is what mine did.