Re: wrong port number in ORBIIOPIPv4

Thanks for the hint! The leading dash problem came up when spec compliance
for the HEAD version was introduced. I think (not sure) the HEAD version
supports both formats because the command line parameters introduced by
CORBA 2.4 have a leading dash.

Have a look at the source code in the orb directory. E.g. "grep
ORBIfaceRepoIOR *.c" and you will find the list of parameters which ORBit
supports. The info for the FAQ was taken from the HEAD version of ORBit, but
I think the stable branch should have most of the parameters from the list
below as well:

ORBImplRepoIOR=<IOR>
ORBIfaceRepoIOR=<IOR>
ORBNamingIOR=<IOR>
ORBDebugLevel=warning|message|info|debug|all
ORBDebugModules=ORB|CDR|IIOP|TC|IR
ORBIIOPUSock=0|1
ORBIIOPIPv4=0|1
ORBIPv4Port=#port
ORBIIOPIPv6=0|1

BTW, did you check the global file /etc/orbitrc ? The recognition order
should be:
1. command line
2. user file ~/.orbitc
3. global file /etc/orbitrc