Newbe Question

Hi, I have been wanting to use orbit in my new app I am writing, but have
one concern after talking to a security guy. Apparently he says the corba
is in plain text and is not very firewall friendly (aka use random ports).
Is there a way using ORBit to use something like SSL/TLS (strong
cryptography) and have the corba server use a predefined port, so I can
make calls across the network and on the local machine safely?