Re: HP hp3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Modem is not shown up

I had this problem with the same card on an elitebook - never could get this to work under ubuntu, it'd only ever expose the first serial port, and would never take the firmware to load the second for the data socket. RFkill said it was enabled, but never *worked*...

Bios was flaky as hell at the time and hp was intent on not fixing it (linux users, meh), so not at all surprised what Bjørn says is true.

I recently updated the bios to sell it, which they released just a year or so ago, which fixed the suspend and crash issues, but haven't tested the rfkill to see if this fixed the gobi too. I also updated ubuntu to 14.04 which came with a host of improvements too that could help - will try and see.

Odd side effect of installing this card at the time was it killed my bluetooth under both windoze or linux, which distinctly worked prior to install of the gobi card. Rfkill didn't even see it.

-mb