Re: NM Shutting Down

On Thursday, 30 August, 2012 12:43:33 Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> Hello -
>
>    What distro & version of NM/wpa_supplicant are you using?

Debian Testing.  NM 0.9.4.0-5, wpa 1.0-2

> > Clearly NM is as busted as it's always been.
>
> I'm not even a NM dev - however I would expect that insulting the people
> who can help you isn't the best way. I've found help on the IRC channel
> to be superb and timely. Also you are also free to uninstall NM and do
> all the manual wpa configuration yourself. Having just played with
> wpa_supplicant on its own without NM to debug some stuff I can tell you
> that NM is awesome and I wouldn't wish managing wpa interfaces manually
> on anyone.

I'd configured my network devices manually for 10 years.  I only went to NM when I couldn't make roaming work otherwise.

Doesn't matter what I say.  I've asked and asked here, to no avail.  So I switched back to manual, and now -that's- not working.  I can associate with:
# wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -dd
... but the interface will not come up with its static IP.  No idea.  It's broken.

Clearly no one here will help, so it doesn't matter what I say.