Re: Look for help to devolpe Droid tether in networkmanager

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 11:41 -0700, Jeffrey Glynn wrote:
> Hello
> I use my droid Motorola back flip to access the Internet. At this time
> I have to run terminal to do this. I would like to add this to
> Networkmanager to be able to run it just like running your wireless
> connection. So I am looking for some help from someone to give me the
> understanding I will need to do this. There is a python script
> developed already to install adb azilink to your computer and droid
> phone. You can find the information how to tether and the script at
> http://www.humans-enabled.com/ http://www.humans-enabled.com/. So if
> there is anyone out there that can help me or point me in the right
> direction I would very much appreciate the help.

I think the most popular method is to use openvpn on the computer side
with no encryption which tunnels into the phone since Android devices
don't have some of the necessary functionality for connection sharing
yet.  No-encryption mode is not yet possible with NM-openvpn, but note
that Android 2.2 (Froyo) will have native connection sharing over WiFi
built in when it drops this summer, making all these hacks obsolete.