Re: Applet keeps connected always

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 10:47 +0800, fean wrote:
> Hi,
> I am developing the driver to support NM.
> The driver can get connected with all kinds of security networks now.
> But, I have a question , how to tell NM that the current network disconnected.
> Then, it should try to reconnect or select another network.
> With NetworkManager --no-daemon, I found the daemon will try to reconnect.
> But, the applet (icon) is shown connected always even I unplug the AP.
> I tried 'netif_carrier_off()' , wireless_send_event with SIOCGIWAP with BSSID=zeros.
> They can't make it to show correct icon.

wireless_send_event() for IWAP with all zeros is the correct method.
This will cause the supplicant to disconnect and attempt to re-connect,
and if that fails for long enough, NM will disconnect as well.  Can you
use wpa_supplicant manually and provide some logs showing the disconnect
behavior?  Basically, if wpa_supplicant doesn't know about the
disconnection, neither will NM.

dan