Re: wpa_supplicant cli works, but NM insists "wireless is disabled"

>> >there.

>behavior.

>of
>> >C,

>> >Don't know enough about HAL to answer the above.  (Where would i look?)

>> >please see attachment.  (i've X'ed out some addresses (xxxx:xxxx:....)
>>

>> ooops.  The list strips attachment.  Here is a web link to the same
>/var/log/messages chunk:
>>
>>      http://www.flight.us/bugs/var_messages_nm_chunk.txt
>
>What's the output of:
>
>dellWirelessCtl

Here it is: http://www.flight.us/bugs/dellWirelessCtl.txt

OK, it appears that the "problem"(?) /does/ originate in the BIOS (I did present this hypothesis at the Fedora forum, but no one took that path, which now seems correct)

For a quick & dirty fix: any way to force the disabled/enabled switch in the NM source?  Again, i tried to find this in the source and failed.  Where is it?

I wonder if this can be considered a bug or glitch -- my situation apparently presents a need for NM to be more user-configurable here.

Thanks.