Re: Making NM portable

So I have some FreeBSD support using PF_ROUTE sockets. It is possible
to show the routing table, and soon it will support addition and
deletion of routes. At the same time I am reworking the Linux backend
to use libnl instead of directly mucking with PF_NETLINK.

My private tree is available here:
git://bombadil.infradead.org/~rishi/inetutils.git (see libroute/ and
route/) At the moment it is quite out of date with my working
directory. :-)

It would be very helpful if someon could enlist the basic
functionality that NetworkManager would need from a library that
abstracts out different kernels' interfaces. It looks to that atleast
the following are needed:
+ flush
+ add
+ delete
+ monitor

Anything else?

Since GNU Inetutils is under GPLv3+ the license notices mention it,
but I am planning to mark 'libroute' as LGPLv3+ to make it easy for
GPLv2+ programs like NetworkManager to use it.

Comments?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi