downgrade to 0.6.6 temporally?

Hello everyone,

unfortunatly Im still unable to connect to our Windows 2003 VPN Server
on my Intrepid machine. It worked on hardy and the bug is already filed
at lp:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-pptp/+bug/259168

I wonder if I can downgrade only the network-manager to 0.6.6 untill
this bug is fixed. I just tried to build it from source but got an error
because my package wireless-tools isn't the right one that was expected
for that network-manager version. How could I work around it...I don't
won't to destabilise my system but I want to get my VPN to work :-)

Any help is appreciated

Bye

Christoph