dnsmasq

I've installed dnsmasq on Ubuntu 8.10alpha4, and configured it with enable-dbus. My belief was that this would allow dnsmasq to pick up nameserver changes directly from NetworkManager, but instead NM is just overwriting /etc/resolv.conf. I don't see any commandline options or config files to control NM's behavior. How do I tell NM not to touch /etc/resolv.conf, and how do I tell it to update dnsmasq thru dbus?

I never want this machine to reference other DNS servers directly; I always want them to go thru the dnsmasq cache. But the resolv.conf is always updated with the DNS servers retrieved from DHCP. Also, the trick of uncommenting "prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;" in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf seems to have had no effect - the 127.0.0.1 line never shows up in the generated resolv.conf.
--
  -- Howard Chu