Re: More LCP echo problems

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 22:15 +0100, Rick Jones wrote:
> --On Friday, October 24, 2008 17:05:16 -0400 Dan Williams
> <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> ¦ You should be able to simulate it by setting lcp-echo-* to 0
> ¦ in /etc/ppp/options, I think.  All the NM fixes are doing is
> overriding
> ¦ those options from that file explicitly.
>
> That's the strange thing, I've set those in the options file as you
> describe. This was necessary to get plain PPP to work. But they don't
> seem to affect PPTP. There is also a file /etc/options.pptp, but even
> adding the lcp settings to this file doesn't help either. It's getting
> defaults from somewhere, but i don't know where. It may be hard-coded,
> but I guess so long as NM explicitly overrides on the pppd command
> line then it will be OK.

Looking at the manpage for pptp there are:

       --idle-wait <secs>
              Time to wait before sending a control connection echo request.  The RFC2637 default is 60 seconds.

       --max-echo-wait <secs>
              Time to wait for an echo reply before closing the control connection.  The RFC2637 default is 60 seconds.

maybe that's what we want?