Re: NetworkManager static-routes support patch

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

> - do static routes -always- have a netmask of 0xffffffff?

-host routes do. -net routes do not.

So would the patch need to do additional checking for the routes
returned by the DHCP server to determine whether the last bit is 0 or
something?  If so, what netmask would be used instead?

I'm afraid I didn't look at the patch, but how does a static route
have anything to do with DHCP?  (Maybe I'd understand if I looked
at the patch)..  Generally when I think of static routes I think
"I know how to get to host X or net Y/Z" -- so if it's a static
host route I only need to know the host address, and if it's a static
network route I need the network and netmask.  These numbers would
need to be part of the static route configuration.

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available