Re: NM dialup API

On Thursday 19 April 2007 10:07:31 Tambet Ingo wrote:
> There's no dialup API in the trunk because there will be none. Just as
> there's common API for wired and wireless devices, a dialup device
> will be just another device with exactly the same API and semantics as

Hey, Tambet :)

I made this realisation too after sending the first spec (sending something
always refreshes the parts actually thinking about it doesn't reach ;)).

> For configuration (of all device types, including dialup) see
> http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerConfiguration

Excellent.  I hadn't found this page.  The KDE api I wrote to abstract NM and
other potential backends is spookily similar - especially having the
Connection bound to a type but not an instance of a device.  This will make
implementing a NM 0.7 backend for Solid easy.

> The exact list of setting types is not spec'ed out yet.

Is anyone working on turning this into a dbus spec yet?  I can help with this
if needed.

Will