Re: netowork manager doesn't know it has connected

Hi,

Thanks for you help, Alessandro, I should have mentioned that: yes, I did remove both eth0 and ath0 from /etc/network/interfaces - if you don't do that, Network manager simply ignores all these interfaces and does nothing (i think ubuntu has a patched version of network manager that takes all interfaces bar lo bar ones listed in etc/network/interfaces)... So, this is not the problem.
anze

On 9/17/06, Alessandro Gervaso <gervystar gervystar net> wrote:
Il giorno dom, 17/09/2006 alle 22.41 +0200, Anze Slosar ha scritto:

>  just use a normal package, nothing fancy, no wpa, nothing just eth0
> and ath0. Asked for help on ubuntu forums and no luck. Specifically,
> my problem is as follows:

[snip...]

The nm version in dapper doesn't work well if there are interfaces
defined in the /etc/network/interfaces file.
Can you check it and be sure that it contains just these lines?

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

If there are references to eth0 or other interfaces it won't work.
That should work, just try it.

Cheers,
Alessandro