Re: Feature Requests

On Sun, 2006-17-12 at 11:15 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 12:02 -0700, David R Mulligan wrote:
> > Some of these requests may be misplaced.  Where would I send requests
> > for the pptp plugin?
> >
> > 1) My pptp vpn connection times out.  This is unfortunate but it
> > happens.  When it does happen the nm-applet icon does not change and
> > network-manager thinks it is still connected.  When the pptp vpn
> > connection is disconnected I think that nm should reflect this.
>
> Hmmm.  Seems that the pptp vpn plugin isn't sending the correct messages
> back to NM that it's been disconnected.  Can you get any logs for this
> behavior?  Is pppd and/or anything with 'pptp' in it still running?  Can
> you check /var/log/messages for NM output on this subject?

This is all I get:

Dec 15 20:59:13 bordet pppd[5343]: Modem hangup
Dec 15 20:59:13 bordet pppd[5343]: Connect time 719.1 minutes.
Dec 15 20:59:13 bordet pppd[5343]: Sent 17175969 bytes, received
112846675 bytes.
Dec 15 20:59:13 bordet pppd[5343]: Connection terminated.
Dec 15 20:59:13 bordet pppd[5343]: Exit.

No network manager output at all.

> > 2) My Dell D600's uses Fn-f2 to disable the radio.  It would be nice if
> > that also showed in the left click menu by unchecking the Enable
> > Wireless option.
>
> Not sure what you mean here in the second sentence.  But when rfkill
> capability becomes standardized in the kernel (quite soon), NM will
> definitely support that.

You answered my question without understanding it :)

> > 3) Connection Information often fails with the error message "Error
> > displaying connection information: Could not find some required
> > resources (the glade file)!"
>
> Can you check that you have installed the NetworkManager applet
> correctly?  What version of NetworkManager are you using, and what
> distribution?  There are a few more things we can check here once we
> know that to narrow down the issue.

I am using Ubuntu Edge Eft and I installed it via the synaptic package
manager from the network-manager-gnome package.  Normally the connection
information does work.  However after some
connects/disconnects/reconnects (vpn? wireless?) it will give me the
above message.