Re: [Muine] muine-y re-tagger?

On 12/13/06, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
On 12/13/06, Götz Waschk <goetz waschk gmail com> wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
> > I've started to notice that a lot of my techno and classical is really
> > badly tagged, and I'd like to retag it. What are people here
> > using/recommended for retagging right now? I want the best possible
> > simple/intelligent/automatic/reliable album-based retagging, and I
> > figure this group would know as well as anyone :)
> Hi,
>
> I can recommend Easytag. It doesn't have GUI as simple as Muine, but
> you can even add the Composer and Original Artist tags which might
> come handy with classical music.

'doesn't have GUI as simple as Muine' is an understatement- youch.

There used to be something much simpler, but I can't find it now. I
may have been thinking of Cowbell, though Cowbell development seems to
have stopped.

(It would be awesome if Cowbell hooked into my Muine album DB so that
I didn't have to pick files off the hard drive, if there happen to be
any Cowbell developers here ;)

Ah-ha. For what it is worth, for others who find this thread in the
archives, what I actually really want is Muine Tagger:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~bnickel/MuineTagger/

But I can't seem to find Ubuntu packages for it ATM. Gar.

[Or, holy crap, you can drag albums from muine into cowbell. Luis is a
happy man!]

Luis