Re: Hildon on MeeGo

Hi Cornelius,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Cornelius Hald <hald icandy de> wrote:

It looks like that date was postponed, but on June 6th, Stormy wrote
that in the coming week she will "Get out board approved proposal for
using the Nokia money for GNOME Mobile"[1]. That week is over, so does
anyone know this proposal? Is there a place where I can read
logs/minutes of that meeting?

The minutes from the board meeting are published on the wiki and the Foundation List.

We agreed to some combination of hackfests, documentation and getting a few good sample applications ported but we decided to wait until we had a chance to have some conversations at LinuxTag.

We have a proposal now that is a plan to get to a plan. The idea is to make our developer tools and environment better so that developers want to write GNOME apps for Maemo/MeeGo. Roughly it includes:
* A survey about the current state of our tools.
* Discussions at GUADEC.
* Improvements to our current development environment.
* Partnering with developer tools groups.
* Improving developer documentation, ncluding websites, videos and tutorials.
* Holding hackfests where appropriate to improve these things.
* Make sure there are a few key apps to show off.

What this is really missing is someone in this space, with a vested interest in this space, with knowledge of the space to help drive and lead this effort.

It worries me a lot that nobody has stepped forward to help. While I can help push things forward, I do not think I am the right person to lead it.

Stormy