Re: Goal for GNOME Mobile?

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 11:09 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2008, Stormy Peters wrote:
> > Could we make GNOME Mobile a complete solution like Android? A set of
> > software and a spec that hardware vendors could write to and ISVs could
> > develop on top of?
>
>  If you're asking whether such a solution would be useful and deserves
>  being made, I think so; if you're asking whether we have the resources
>  do to so, I don't know.
>
>  We certainly lack new applications:
>    * mapping software (GPS assisted or not!)

what do you refer to on this? There are indeed nice GNOME apps for
mapping from the openstreetmap project. The best example is Viking
(http://viking.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page)

Also, mapper, from nokia for the N7/800 series, is a nice app for those
mobile devices
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>