Re: Contradictions w/r/t membership, renewal, ballot

Hi Matthias,

You are correct that either your membership was lapsed, or you should
have received a ballot, but not both.

The membership committee has been having some problems this year with
membership renewals - many members of the foundation had their
membership lapse this year without being notified of that, including
myself (although I did receive a reminder when the committee checked
whether all board candidates were members).

They are doing everything they can to rectify the situation.

Thank you,
Dave.

Matthias Warkus wrote:
Hello,

I've received contradictory messages concerning my foundation
membership and voting rights these last days. I.e. I've received a
message titled "Need to renew". It didn't tell me I needed to renew,
though - it told me I didn't need to renew my membership, because it
had last been renewed on November 11th, 2004. This means my
membership had already expired, though.

Your mail also told me (again more or less contradicting itself) that
I would receive a ballot for the current elections on December 3rd if
I renewed my membership in time. Yet I've received a ballot on
November 25th already, and I was perfectly able to vote. Note that I
am also *not* currently listed as a member of the GNOME Foundation at
the respective Web page.

It should be eminently clear that the "Need to renew" message is
nonsense, and the online membership list is wrong, or that I have
erroneously received a ballot when I shouldn't.

I would also appreciate a clear answer on whether I am currently a
member of the foundation and whether I need to apply for renewal
before December 2nd.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

mawa