Re: Norton Commander?

Xu, Qiang (XSSC SGP) wrote:
//hand
it is also the same case with me. i used norton commander quite a lot in dos
age and early stage of win95. but now nc can't be used under NT4.0 and Win98
and Unix and Linux.

I still got my NC 5 for dos and believe that it can be used under nt4/win98. But you lose long filename support, and some other niceties (drag drop with windows apps, etc).

However, Symantec did release two Windows versions, called ncWin, http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/symantec/Norton%20Commander%202.htm

You can read more about this at http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/index.shtml
http://www.rmonet.com/commander/

but yes, nc never was under unix, nor linux.

/apz, nc follower since v2 dos days, now using mc/wincmd.