Re: Czech translation needs fixups

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:08:46PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> You are right.  I don't like the glib implementation.  It totally
> ignores the fact that translators are not programmers, and that they
> will translate everything, no matter what you tell them.

I perfectly agree with you. Should we file a bugreport (enhancement
request?) to Gnome Bugzilla?

But even if they accept our arguments and fix it, if we want to allow
"ButtonBar|Konec" style translations in mc, we'll have to use our own
implementation of Q_() if glib is older than 2.X, so then a more complicated
test will be needed, the simple #ifdef Q_ won't do it.

Hmmmm, maybe my idea of using glib's Q_() wasn't a good idea? It seems now
that it would be easier to go our own way...

--
Egmont