Re: [guppi-list] Guppi as a mime-type handler

It's been rumoured that Neil J Pilgrim said:

> Please excuse me if this is too confusing, but given the amount of time
> I seem to spend transferring files between servers (manually) and
> relabelling axes/sets (manually) then such a development would really
> relieve some of the repetition involved in such work; perhaps this can
> be achieved with just using a format like NetCDF (ie. sufficiently
> descriptive).
>
> Any comments welcome!

We've got an itsy bitsy handler coded inside of gnucash that allows
gppi to be embedded in a rectangluar area of an html document.
We use gtkhtml for this.  As a result, gnucash can work as a web
browser, and have live, embedded, interactive graphs in it. We use it
for financial reports.

For us its a hack that we use internally. To be formally correct, you'd
have to implement guppi as a browser plugin ala 'flash', and we have no
incentive to do this.

Yes, this is not netcdf, but  I thought I'd mention it. ...

--linas