[guadec-list] Registration Fees for GUADEC 2007

As people are probably aware, GUADEC is getting ever closer and we haven't yet announced registration. Rest assured, once we have resolved the current problems, registration will open before the end of May and will continue right up until the start of GUADEC itself.

Registration fees will be as follows[1]:

£10 - Student/Concession
£30 - Standard
£140 - Professional (i.e. being paid to attend)

A 50% discount applies to standard and professional (but not to concessions) if you are a foundation member. A 50% discount also applies if you are a organisation that is sponsoring and requires additional
attendee passes.

Many people may be wondering why there are no free registrations this year, and this is simply because we will be investing a significant amount of money per registration, and we simply cannot afford to have people register, pay nothing and then not turn up. If look at prices to other professional conferences, you will notice that the registration fees are very cheap by comparison.

Another point of note is that there will not be any formal checks on status. Instead we are relying on trust that people will pick the appropriate registration level. We would like to encourage everyone to consider donating whatever they feel able to afford, as all the money is spent making GUADEC as fantastic as possible, and any remaining funds will be transferred to the GNOME foundation to help make the GNOME project succeed.

Regards,

Thomas

[1] Approximate currency conversions as of 15 May 2007:
	£10 = 14.63 € = 19.82 USD
	£30 = 43.91 € = 59.46 USD
	£140 = 204.90 € = 277.48 USD