Re: [guadec-list] Booklet

Hi,

Thomas Wood wrote:
> Thanks for making a start on this. It's likely the booklet will be
> available as an on-line version this year, which Bastien will be
> organising. I've added him to the CC in case you have any specific
> questions.

It's the organising committee's decision, of course, and I'm happy to
respect whatever you decide, but I'm not convinced that not having a
printed programme is a good idea.

 - lots of people come to GUADEC without a computer, how will they find
out what's on while they're there?
 - I like leafing through the booklet, browsing the presentation
descriptions & bios, and using marker to circle & underline the stuff
I'm interested in. From what I've seen in the past, I'm not alone in that.
 - Most of the work of doing the booklet is getting all the information
together, which you'll need for the website anyway, the extra work in
lay-out and printing isn't a huge amount (but is a nice chunk of your
budget).
 - Finally, it's about the only memento people keep of the conference

If you think it's appropriate to make the savings there, at the
detriment of these few points, then go for it. If the budget can take
it, then I'd encourage having a printed programme.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary