Re: How to get mute and record state of a mixer?

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 15:48 +0100, Carlo Wood wrote:
> Gst::Mixer has
>
> set_volume, set_mute and set_record.
>
> But there is only get_volume.
>
> Why isn't there a get_mute and get_record?
> Is that impossible, or is there another way I can get the current values?

Gst::Mixer wraps only the API that the C API exposes.  The GstMixer
functions available just don't provide functionality for the functions
you mention (see the GstMixer docs[1]).

You may want to look at the other alsa plug-ins such as Gst::AlsaSrc and
Gst::AlsaSink.  Also, something that may be relevant in the GstMixer
docs is found in the gst_mixer_list_tracks()[2] method.  I'll try to
update the docs in gstreamermm to reflect that.  You may also file a bug
about that if you'd like so it is not forgotten.  Thanks.

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstmixer.html
[2]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstmixer.html#gst-mixer-list-tracks