How to add a custom cell renderer to a Gtk::IconView?

Hello list,

I apologize for repeating myself, but after a couple of days of trial
and errors - mostly errors - I am at my wits' end.

Could anyone give an example ( or point me to an application ) on how to
add a custom Gtk::CellRenderer to a Gtk::IconView? I looked on my own
but did not find any pointers. It would be preferable, if the cell
renderer is implemented in Gtkmm, so it supports sigc signals and slots...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Todor