Re: Generic documentation build infrastructure

Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 17:34 +0200 schrieb Murray Cumming:
> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 16:41 +0200, Daniel Elstner wrote:
> > Phew.  Sorry everyone for boring you to death.  Now it is up to module
> > maintainers to give us the go-ahead for breaking everything.  (The
> > idea
> > is to convert only the master branches for now, and then we will see.)
>
> I maintain or part-maintain most of them (apart from geglmm). I guess
> fine with me.

Cool, thanks.  I primarily want every developer of a module to know what
is hitting him, as sort of an excuse for this unilateral act of build
system intervention.

> But I would hope that you could test this system first on just a subset,
> such as glibmm, pangomm, gtkmm, libgdamm, goocanvasmm. What's the
> downside of doing that?

That's what we will do, because we will start at the lowest level (that
is, libsigc++, glibmm and probably cairomm) and then move upward through
the stack.  We could have an official break in between and a request for
comments session on the list.

--Daniel